Okay but can we just… talk about this for a second?
Because of all the differences between the anime and the manga, this is a pretty small one, but it’s one of my favorite things from after the split. Just this teeny little moment, but the first time I watched the anime it hit me right in the gut
Soul has no real investment in Crona. He seems to empathize pretty strongly with the kid because they have the same sort of issues, and being the nice guy he is of course he doesn’t want to see Crona get hurt, but he doesn’t have the same kind of emotional investment in zher that Maka does. Hell, considering Crona literally almost killed him and permanently destroyed his chances at total sanity, no one would blame him for holding a bit of a grudge and not really giving a shit if zhe lives or dies.
But Maka cares. Maka is Crona’s one real friend, and she’s desperate to find zher. And when Maka needs him… Soul’s there. She doesn’t need to ask- or, for that matter, say anything. He knows. She needs him, so here he is, waiting for her, ready to help with whatever she wants to do.
These two, man. They destroy me.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW :D *__* ~Happy
making fun of your kid for enjoying the things they enjoy is the quickest way to make them feel so completely isolated from you that they are more comfortable talking to strangers on the internet than you about their problems
Maka with her hair down is so pretty~ I love drawing it down
Had to reupload because I’m a dummy and forgot to color her book until after I posted this the first time
Whoop whoop, guess who got a tablet~
This was originally Maka in an oversized sweater but then this happened. Ugh, this is really extremely messy, but I’ll get better
Here’s hot Maka going clubbing!
snap my fingers in a z formation and fuck i accidentally just burnt the the whole building down
i am roy mustang
- Never found the body. This one is fairly common, to the point at which if someone is declared dead without a body in fiction, you can reasonably assume they’re alive somewhere.
- Confusion. Another character could see the dead character “die”, but during a confusing moment. For example, someone could see the character die at night, in the middle of a battle, or while looking over their shoulder while running away. What might look like death might just be a fatal wound, but the other character is too scared/busy/etc. to take a close look.
- OOC. The character dies in an out-of-character moment, or acts out of character for the moments leading up to their death. A boisterous character might suddenly become withdrawn before apparently overdosing on sleeping pills. A self-interested character might die in a blaze of selfless sacrifice for another.
- Motives. The fake!dead character has a motive for disappearing (the extreme version of this is, of course, dying). They could be a mentor and want their student to draw strength from their death. Their loved ones could be under threat and they need to disappear to ensure their safety. You should probably make these motives within the guessing realm of most readers. That way, they can assume the character isn’t dead and it comes only as a mild shock. Sometimes overlaps with OOC, as the character’s new motive makes them behave differently.
- Secondhand source. The reader hears about the character death from another source that is usually trustworthy, but in this case has been deceived or is lying to achieve their own ends. Sometimes overlaps with not finding the body, since the reader has to take the source’s word for it that the character is dead.
- Hints. There are hints throughout the story that the character isn’t dead. For example, Bobby Singer in Supernatural, while dead, is still hanging around as a ghost. He moves some significant pictures, empties some beer bottles, and throws out good reference cards. Sam and Dean put it down to good luck, but eventually realize it’s Bobby’s presence. Your dead character could do things like sending anonymous flowers to their loved ones, fixing up their grave, or returning to their house to get or rearrange things (other characters would notice something is off with the house).
i like this one
AND I LOVE THIS ONE ;U;